“No one ever made a decision because of a number. They need a story.” —Daniel Kahnerman
The Survival Organ
The human brain is a survival organ. Its purpose is to keep us alive. It generally does a pretty good job, seeing as we are alive now while we read these tips.
The brain has automatic programs, such as fear, to keep us safe.
Unfortunately, the human brain is not a good “thinking organ.” It hasn’t mastered that yet. We shouldn’t talk to the brain with facts.
Our brains prefer to learn through stories. Stories rock!
Ask ourselves, “How much of our factual presentation can we turn into stories?”
Look at the top leaders. Most of them are great storytellers. That could be a hint.
October 17, 2019
Happy Thursday to you!
Ready for some major motivation to kick butt, take names, and chew gum?
Here are the 11 questions you need to answer:
- There’s no good time. Now is the time.
What are you waiting for?
- Put out your best material. For free.
Do you want to be SHARED or SCARED?
- YOU may be your biggest obstacle.
What would happen if you got out of the way?
- Stop STARTING things and get more into DOING.
What can you DO today — right now?
- A few may wish to see you fail. A lot more are rooting for your success
Where is your attention?
- Forget the word vision.
Better: What do you SEE in your future?
- You’re aiming too low.
How can you elevate your sights, your fees, and your value?
- Stop blaming others. It’s ALL your fault.
Move on — what’s next?
- A bend in the road is never the end — unless you fail to turn.
Where do you need to turn?
- It’s not what you think it is. And it’s bigger than you think it is.
Why not embrace that?
- There are no silver bullets, secret sauces, or magic beans.
Now what’s your plan?
What you need is a healthy dose of reality from those 11 answers — and we’re here to help. 😉