“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got!” —Alan Scott
July 11, 2019
Bits and Boobs … no not those boobs!
1. Tips for building your credit.
- Be sure to make your payments on time, and pay more than the minimum monthly payment to pay off your balance quicker.
- Keep an eye on your credit limit – don’t go over it, as this could impact your credit rating.
- Make a credit budget to plan your payment schedule.
2. July… halfway through the year! It is a great time where millions and millions are in serious credit card debt. Why? Because of the holidays? The holidays are supposed to be some of the happiest times of the year , but for most people, it quickly turns into the most stressful time of the year. Financially, this is where more people overspend and go into debt than any other time of the year.
3. The reason why worry kills more people than work does – is that more people worry than work!
4. Who’s going to buy the Int’l Space Station? [Is it sold? Who bought? No idea.]
5. What do professional chefs think about the the use of microwave ovens to cook food? [The distaste for using a microwave in a professional kitchen has nothing to do with disruption of molecules, how it cooks, or anything about what it does to food. It is more about setting the food up properly; covering the dish; transferring odors; type of foods; etcetera.]
6. Back in December, 1917, A leading Gold analyst said he could see the metal hitting $1,700/oz or higher in 2018. Did it happen, and if so, how is Gold doing today? [Sorry to hear today! it is just over $1416/oz.]
7. And Finally. How we repeat our mistakes.
- Success comes from good judgment.
- Good judgment comes from experience.
- Experience comes from bad judgment.
Many years ago, an attorney, Barry LePatner, made the following statement:
“Good judgment is usually the result of experience. And experience is frequently the result of bad judgment. But to learn from the experience of others … requires those who have the experience to share the knowledge with those who follow.”
Make this the best, rest of the year, ever! 🙂
July 11, 2017
Great start to the day! Breakfast at the “Broken Paddle Dinner,” the place may not be fancy but the staff and food choices are GREAT.
Got a few things: Ice for our NEWLY PURCHASED Travel Cooler; Coffee for our NEWLY PURCHASED Coffee Maker! [We found out-the-hard-way, no microwave, or fridge in the chateau…
Now we’ll be traveling (by day) with ice-cold-drinks and wakin’ to the smell of our familiar & beloved “Tim Horton’s Mocha” in our guest suite.
Ahhhh! … Yahhhh! The simple Life!
P.S. Out-for-dinner, on-the-town… The Stone Slab Pizza Ristorante “RAN OUT OF PIZZA DOUGH” around 5:45 P.M. (…at least five full hours before closing!!!