I always consider July 4th as the first day of summer. I guess that’s because it’s the first holiday of the summer and it seems summer plans start to heat up. While this year may be lesser in terms of travel plans, it makes you wonder whether the market will have fewer bullish or bearish plans as well. There’s a lot of talk about masks for good reasons, but most of the masks I’ve tried aren’t that great. They leak around the top of your nose and below your mouth. They fall down. They are hot and uncomfortable … and, frankly, most don’t work that well.
Now here’s the rest of the news:
The Ax Has Fallen In Hong Kong
The Chinese government has ofﬁcially imposed a national security law on the island of Hong Kong — Asia’s ﬁnancial hub — that ends the territory’s “special” status.
In other words, it destroys the autonomy and freedom that made capitalism- and democracy-loving Hong Kong different from China for more than two decades.
Kim Iskyan wrote about this proposed measure in the May 26 Digest … and now, China is imposing it.
As the Economist explains, it gives Chinese leaders in Beijing “sweeping power to crush dissent in the territory using its own secret police and even its own courts” and “is one of the biggest assaults on a liberal society since the second world war.”
The law broadens the deﬁnition of, and increases the punishment for, crimes labeled as terrorism, subversion, secession, and collusion with foreign powers.
An old friend of mine in Hong Kong put it this way…
“Hong Kong is China now: There’s nothing else to say.”
July 06, 2019
We might be one “Hello” away from meeting the person that will change our life.
Which colour personality are you? Your prospects?
Discover the secret language of each colour personality.
Hi, Keith and Tom “Big Al” Schreiter here.
When closing yellow personalities, we should understand their priorities:
- Help more people. Yellow personalities find happiness and fulfillment by helping others.
- A community. They love relationships and a feeling of belonging to a team.
- A mission. A campaign to improve people’s health provides a sense of purpose.
- Connections. For many yellow personalities, a connection with their sponsors and fellow team members is the reason to join.
This makes it easier to know what to say. So here are some closing examples:
- “Start thinking of exactly who you want to help now.”
- “Having a new career helping people either works for you, or it doesn’t. So, what would you like to do?”
- “We can do this together. Let’s start now.”
- “You seem to love what we are doing. Let’s work together.”
- “With your help, we can affect more lives. Will you help us share this?”
Would these closing sentences work with the other personality types? Not really. We need to understand who we are talking with, and then our closing sentences will resonate with them.
Keep Smiling … friends will wonder what you’re up to! 🙂