Here’s to a better YOU … and now … Today’s DarrenDaily Recap Sunday. A collection of the weeks videos from Darren Hardy. Enjoy!
Naturally beautiful: Lots of things to do on beautiful Fogo Island, Newfoundland, Canada.
…fishing village of Fogo on Fogo Island.
May 09, 2020
You wake up.
You’re excited because (normally) you don’t get interrupted on Saturdays.
No emails to answer. No phone calls. No messages from your team. No planned meetings.
It’s an awesome time to catch up or try to get ahead for the coming week (you can even hide from your family a bit).
So then one of two things happens…
- One, you tell your family or friends that you can’t join them for the game they are just starting… And you feel majorly guilty that you weren’t more productive.
- Or two, you stop working because you’ve got plans – for yourself or with others. But you feel guilty because you didn’t get enough done.
This has happened to me, too.
May 09, 2019
Have you ever heard of the … 80/20 principle of Nutrition
…also known as the Pareto principle?
lt’s considered a foundational concept for life, business, time, and wealth management, and it essentially states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects (i.e., outcomes) come from 20% of the causes (i.e., inputs). In other words, 20% of your activities will account for 80% of your results.
When it comes to nutrition, however, the 80/20 rule takes on a slightly different meaning. More specifically, for most people, it means that 80% of the time you should stick with a completely clean, nutrient-dense diet that’s founded on whole foods consumed in appropriate amounts, combinations, and times for you and your goals. The other 20% of the time, you can relax around these guidelines.
Of course, the ratio is neither exact nor universal. For some, it may be more like 90/10 or even 95/5. And in addition to interindividual variety, there’s also intraindividual variation. In other words, you may go through seasons where 80/20 is good enough and others when 90/10 is necessary to fuel your goals.
The ﬁrst point is that most of us will beneﬁt from some flexibility built into how we approach food and our overall relationship with food. No one is perfect — no 0ne — and you don’t need to be to enjoy great health and wellness.
The second point, which is not to be lost, is that while perfection is not the goal, consistency is key. We need to look no further than John C. Maxwell’s Law of Consistency, which states that if you want to make signiﬁcant, lasting change, consistency has to be one of the main ingredients. Or, consider the following quote: “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.“
80% may not be a perfect, but it still reflects darn good consistency, and that’s what matters when it comes to changing your body and your health for the better. If you’re struggling with achieving your health goals, take an honest look at your nutrition and see if you’re hitting your stated goals at least 80% of the time. If not, it’s time to focus on consistency; if you are, then maybe it’s time to shift seasons and aim for 90%.
“Motivation gets you going, but discipline keeps you growing.”
— John C. Maxwell
To Your Improvement,
Sources included: Change That Up [is a complimentary newsletter specializes in helping people improve their overall health.] To make sure you do not miss the next tip add this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your contacts and/ or safe senders list.